Nutribén® SIMBIOTIC is a follow-on formula, suitable for 6 months and onwards. It meets the needs of your baby at this stage.
The main characteristic of this formula is that it contains both probiotics and prebiotics in the same product. The probiotics used are Bifidobacterium lactis and Streptococcus thermophilus; Probiotics are made of 100% GOS – oligosaccharide found in breast milk.9-11
Thanks to its Symbiotic Effect, it provides the following health benefit:1-8
- Encourages intestinal functions.
- Strengthens baby’s natural defences.
- Regulates intestinal transit.
- Facilitates digestion of nutrients such as lactose.
- Improves absorption of elements such as calcium and magnesium.
The formula also contains many nutrients that are essential for your baby’s development.
a) Carbohydrates12 that originate from lactose and provide the following benefits:
- Encourage development of Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus: prebiotic effect.
- Decrease growth of E. coli.
- Improve absorption of divalent metals such as calcium and magnesium.
- Provide galactose, which is necessary for brain development.
- With fast digestion and absorption maltodextrin.
- Encourage development of immune system.
- Improve intestinal development.
- Improve vaccine response.
- Increase iron absorption.
- Influence metabolism of lipoproteins and long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- Protect the intestinal flora.
- Proper synthesis of phosphatidylcholine. The main phospholipid in the brain and kidneys.
- Important for brain development.
d) L- carnitine2
- Correct brain development, maturation of the central nervous system and composition of cell membranes.
- Helps properly obtain fatty acids and energy.
- Regulates metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- With calcium, phosphorous and magnesium which aid in the correct development of bones in children..20
- With iron, which encourages normal cognitive development in children.21-22
- With zinc, which contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system.23
- With selenium, which contributes to protecting DNA, proteins and fats from oxidative damage.24
- With iodine, which contributes to normal cognitive development and normal functioning of the thyroid.25
- With vitamin D, necessary for the normal development of bones and teeth in children. And contribute to the correct development of the immune system.20, 26
- Contains vitamin C, which contributes to the correct functioning of the immune system and to the absorption of non-haem iron.27
- With vitamin A, which contributes to the correct functioning of the immune system.28
- With Riboflavin, pantothenic acid and biotin, which contribute to the normal functioning of energy metabolism.29
This table is based on average requirements, and may only be varied if indicated by your doctor.
Boiled water (ml.)
Feeds per day
Age: 6 to 12 months
Age: 12 months and onwards
*One levelled scoop is equal to approximately 4,3 gr.
This product is not intended to replace breast milk and should not be used as a substitute for it. Nutribén® SYMBIOTIC is only suitable for babies above 6 months as part of a varied diet. The decision to start using complementary food should be taken according to the advice of your competent healthcare professional.