Nutribén® Follow-on Pro-α Codex
Nutribén® Follow-on Pro-α is a follow-on formula, suitable from 6 months and onwards, with a balanced composition and reduced protein content which encourages you baby’s development and helps prevent risk of obesity in adulthood.
The main differentiating feature of its formula is that it contains whey protein concentrate that is enriched with alpha-lactalbumin, the main protein in breast milk, that:1-12
- Provides high biological value protein.
- Allows to reduce the amount of proteins.
- Improves digestibility of proteins.
- Reduces renal solute load.
- Reduces allergenicity of proteins, by increasing the amount of alpha-lactalbumin and decreasing beta-lactoglobulin.
The formula also contains many nutrients that are essential for your baby’s development.
a) b) Carbohydrates13. 63% lactose which provides the following benefits:
- Encourages development of Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus: prebiotic effect.
- Decreases growth of E. coli.
- Improves absorption of divalent metals such as calcium and magnesium.
- Provides galactose, which is necessary for brain development.
- 37% fast digestion and absorption maltodextrin.
b) Prebiotics (GOS)14
- 100% GOS – oligosaccharide found in breast milk.
- Reduce constipation due to its fibre effect – Softer stools..
- Prebiotic effect – helps growth of bifidobacteria that are found in the colon, obtaining all their benefits.
- Strengthen the immune system.
- Encourage development of immune system.
- Improve intestinal development.
- Improve vaccine response.
- Increase iron absorption.
- Influence metabolism of lipoproteins and long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- Protect the intestinal flora.
- Proper synthesis of phosphatidylcholine. The main phospholipid in the brain and kidneys..
- Important for brain development.
- Correct brain development, maturation of the central nervous system and composition of cell membranes..
- Helps properly obtain fatty acids and energy..
- Regulates metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- With calcium, which aid in the correct development of bones in children.22
- With iron, which encourages normal cognitive development in children.23-24
- With zinc, which contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system.25
- With selenium, which contributes to protecting DNA, proteins and fats from oxidative damage.26
- With iodine, which contributes to normal cognitive development and normal functioning of the thyroid.27
- With vitamin D, necessary for the normal development of bones and teeth in children. And contribute to the correct development of the immune system.22-28
- With vitamin C, which contributes to the correct functioning of the immune system.29
- With vitamin A, which contributes to the correct functioning of the immune system.30
- With Riboflavin, pantothenic acid and biotin, which contribute to the normal functioning of energy metabolism.31
h) Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (ARA and DHA)32-33
- An appropriate 1:1 ratio.
- Encourage proper development of the central nervous system..
- Proper development of visual function.
- They aid in your baby’s proper cognitive development.
– Net weight: available in 400 gr. and 800 gr.
This table is based on average requirements, and may only be varied if indicated by your doctor.
Boiled water (ml.)
Feeds per day
Age: 12 months and onwards
Edad: a partir de 12 meses
*One levelled scoop is equal to approximately 4,8 gr.