Eating fruit is one of the healthiest snacks existent, especially for kids.
Eating fruit is one of the healthiest snacks existent, especially for kids. However, if you have kids, you may know that it is not the most popular option between the little ones.
If you are one of those moms that struggle every afternoon to make their kids eating fruit with more or less luck, you should know that it is possible that children enjoy having fruits for snack. How? You might wonder. A healthy and simple way to make kids eating fruits is through homemade recipes that include fruit as the main ingredient and with a more attractive flavour for them. To start your recipe book of healthy, fun, homemade snacks, what do you think about making banana fritters? Fron Nutribén International we tell you how:
- 3 bananas
- 1 yeast packet
- 4 level tablespoons of flour
- 4 level tablespoons of sugar
- 2 eggs
Banana fritters recipe
The first step for preparing the banana fritters is to mash the bananas in a bowl. After that, you add sugar, salt and the beaten eggs.
In the case that you don’t have bananas, you can use a jar of Nutriben Potito of banana and Apple, because they are made with top quality fruit without added sugar, gluten, additives, spices or colourings, which makes it the healthiest option for kids’ snacks, or as an ingredient of this delicious recipe.
Next, pour the flour along with the yeast and stir until you get a mix with the evenest consistency possible.
Meanwhile, pour oil in a frying pan and, when it’s very hot, pour ball-shaped portions of the mix in the pan, with the help of a spoon, and fry until they are golden brown.
Once fried, take them out of the pan and put them on paper towels to absorb the fat excess. Then, coat the fritters with sugar.
Let them cool down and they are ready to serve. You’ll see how your dream of seeing your children eating fruits comes true.
This recipe is as simple as varying, actually, you can make fritters with almost every fruit. The reason why in this occasion we used bananas is that it may be one of the most nourishing fruits and it is key for our children grow as it provides big doses of energy, potassium, folic acid, fibre, and vitamin B6, essential for the correct absorption of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats.
Why is fruit a healthy snack?
For sure you’ve heard or read more than once that it is important that children eat fruits. Far from being something fancy, the medical community has demonstrated with countless studies the importance of fruit being part of the little ones’ diet. But, do you know the actual benefits of having fruits for snack?
- They are a source of vitamins, particularly C and A, which help to boost the immune system, help with the growth of bones and teeth, help to absorb iron, etc.
- The fruits are rich in magnesium and potassium, which contributes with the correct function of the bowel, the nerves and the muscles; they reinforce the immunity against degenerative diseases, they have a laxative effect, and they help to strengthen teeth and bones. On the other hand, the potassium is necessary for the nerve system to work and the muscle activity.
- They have a high fibre content, fundamental for intestinal passage and for preventing constipation. Also, it helps to prevent chronic diseases of the digestive tract.
- They help to hydrate the body because of its high percentage of water.
What is your trick to make your kids eating fruit? Let us know in the comments!